Current Career Opportunities
The Richmond Metropolitan Transportation Authority seeks a Maintenance Worker to complete various maintenance-related assignments at RMTA facilities (toll plaza buildings, tunnels and tollbooths). This includes: painting, maintaining landscaping, shrubbery, cutting grass, degreasing toll lanes and canopies, removing snow/ice, making routine repairs, installing drywall, filling pot holes, and other preventative maintenance.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions; have general knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment, maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and painting. Mechanical aptitude and general knowledge of and experience using manual and gasoline powered lawn equipment; electric floor cleaning equipment; common hand tools. Ability to lift heavy weights (up to 75 lbs.) routinely. Must be available to report to work upon call-in during inclement weather or for special projects. Must have high school diploma or equivalent, valid VA driver’s license, and minimum 2 yrs maintenance exp. Employment is contingent upon acceptable background and reference checks, and passing pre-employment drug screen.
The RMTA offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, retirement through the Virginia Retirement System, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, and paid time off. The beginning salary range is $23,001 - $25,877.
Open until filled.
TOLL ROAD SUPERINTENDENT
This position is responsible for performing administrative work; planning, directing and supervising the overall operation of all toll facility cash funds, toll revenues and toll personnel job performance. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Operations. Supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel.
- Develop work assignment schedules for all toll facilities personnel, ensuring a balanced work schedule at all toll facilities; reassigning personnel and making other work force adjustments due to unusual conditions or to meet the needs of the organization.
- Oversee the input of payroll related schedule changes and the generation of payroll time sheets for toll road staff.
- Handle supervisory functions which comprise hiring, firing, training, counseling, scheduling, approving leave, employee performance evaluation, career development, etc.
- Administer HR policies such as standards of conduct; counsel and take action regarding employee discipline; make recommendations regarding job performance and career guidance for toll road personnel.
- Conduct unscheduled vault/cash tray audits on a monthly basis to ensure that all moneys collected are accounted for and deposited daily
- Investigate operational activities, making corrections when necessary and documenting unusual occurrences.
- Investigate and respond to patron complaints and discrepancies; handle gate claims for damaged vehicles.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other agencies for incident management.
- Responsible for asset and procurement management; coordinate purchase and maintain fleet vehicles; handle invoice approvals and monitor toll road budgets; control toll road petty cash.
- Develop IFB/RFP, budget, and department goals; assist Director of Operations with long-term plan.
- Visit each toll plaza daily; meet with Toll Supervisor III at least once weekly
- Weekly rotation for emergency call-in situations
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; budget development, procurement and asset management experience; minimum five (5) years supervisory experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record. Thorough knowledge of toll equipment operation preferred. Position requires flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends.
The RMTA offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental and life insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off. The hiring salary range is $48,599 - $57,500. For consideration, please fax or mail your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources. Open until filled.
Toll Collection Attendant (Part-Time)
Currently seeking positive and energetic toll collectors to provide excellent customer service in a fast paced environment. We have flexible part-time hours and competitive pay rate. For additional information, please review the information sheet attached to the application, located on the link below. To apply, complete the TCA application and send it to the RMTA by mail (address listed on top of application) or fax to 804-523-3333.